Saturday, April 28, 2012

Getting my Bake On!

I have been seeing some fantastic recipes for sweet things but with healthy ingredients...well, healthier ingredients. Sometimes you just have to add sugar...and that is not very healthy. I really do love the way whole grains taste in food. I feel like it has more flavor to it and just feels wholesome. I want to learn how to cook with whole grains better so I have ordered Good to the Grain from Amazon and I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail! So, to hold me over until my new book arrives, I did a little baking.

I made whole wheat chocolate chip cookies with dark chocolate and walnuts. They turned out really yummy!



I also let my bread machine do some of the work this weekend and made a whole wheat loaf.


More to come when I start my baking marathon when Good to the Grain arrives! 

Cheers! 





1 comment:

LC said...

Looks really yummy, can't wait to try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...